Monday, March 26, 2012

observing chicks {journal download}

We have chick babies!!!!  :)  I was so fearful of them hatching over the weekend because I wasn't there to make sure everything was ok.  I literally had nightmares of coming back and finding that they'd suffocated in the incubator.  I know...so morbid...but they are just fine!

I went in to 5 and by the end of the day we had 13...with 3 or 4 more trying to poke out!! I wish you could've seen the kids.  They were so pumped!  Ok...so was I.  :)

To wrap up our unit, the chick journal is ready to go!  I had a little hiccup with getting the eggs when I originally planned so we didn't have time to do all 17 pages but the good news about the unit is that you can totally pick and choose which pages you want to use!
You can get it at my Teacher's Pay Teachers store
{and remember to redeem your credits for purchases now!}

Here's a free sample page for you, my loyal lovelies!  Even if you aren't hatching chickies, put some candy or a manipulative in a plastic egg and let your kids use this page to figure out what's inside!
P.S. If you go check it out at my TPT store, there's a bonus preview page from the packet.  ;)

10 comments:

  1. Love it!

    I pinned this!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/93097917267104034/

    crhdouglas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Constance, you got it! Check your email soon. Thanks for the Pin-love! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! I just pinned it. This is such a life saver. We are about to get baby chicks for our life cycle unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bailey! I have lots of pointers! Send me your email too. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad your chicks are hatching and doing well!
    I remember reading your chick post last year (with tissues.)
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andi! Yes, I cried this year again...but of relief!! ;)

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea to use a plastic egg instead if you don't have real eggs! Great way to guess and uses the senses for clues. It's going on my TPT wish list :)

    ✰Amber
    Sparkles , Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glamor Girl,

    Did you see I posted "Kinder, Kinder What Do You See" on TpT? It is free. You'll be the first to leave feedback. I cant wait to hear what you think!

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Brown-Bear-Student-Book-for-Kinder

    Congrats on the chicks!

    Oh I am thinking seriously about looping, so my lemonade blog limited me. Now Im at www.teachertothecore.blogspot.com. Come follow me there.

    Katie Knight

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I found your blog and the Hatching Chicks Packet - it is perfect for my chicks unit. I purchased it last week and it has been great. we have our fingers crossed that we will have a good hatch! Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips