Tuesday, March 27, 2012

chick {clue} writing.

You can't go the week before spring break without creating some sort of Easter egg can you?!  I certainly can't!

We dyed eggs this year using Kool-Aid {so much nicer to smell than vinegar!} thanks to Jen Renee.
And we made these cute little chickies with construction paper.  They're similar to the ones we made last year but I added a writing piece.  We've been talking about descriptive language and how it can be like a clue to explain what you're thinking of without really saying it directly so I figured we'd play a little guessing game with people walking by!
Instead of hanging writing and artwork together, I mixed them all up and hug it willy-nilly like.  So if you're looking for a particular child's chick, you'll just have to read their clues to find it!  ;)
 Tip: use a loofah to paint feather-esque prints.
Here's your copy!
P.S. I left with 18 babies today {ah!} but have a feeling there will only be 17 when I go in tomorrow.  Is it bad to pray for a quick release or healing for a chicken?!
{lovie snuggles}

Happy Tuesday Cool Chicks!  {yuk yuk yuk...}

6 comments:

  1. How cute!!! Love those little babies!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chick art is too cute!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love dyeing the eggs with Kool-Aid! You know I'm totally into things that smell great. :) I just made my kids yellow lemon Play Doh for spring after doing green mint Play Doh for St. Patrick's Day. You are the coolest!

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your eggs with the chick popping out. I hope you don't mind - I used your ideas with my students and blogged about it here (http://bigideaslittlelearners.blogspot.com/2012/04/spring-eggs.html)

    Thanks for posting such a cute project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic of you and your chick. The second graders at my school got to hatch chicks in their room this year. Love your blog!

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips