Sunday, March 18, 2012

a funny to start your week.

I have to share one of the homework journal entries I read on Friday.  I just saw the picture on my phone and laughed all over again.  {Backstory: I always always always tell my students when I'm going to be absent, leave early, wear a new shirt, etc because it makes transitions for my schedule-following students much easier.  No surprises taking place this year!  Well, except that I took a personal day on Wednesday and didn't tell anyone.  So...make that just 2 always-es.}

Anyway, I came back on Thursday, told my kids the truth {that I had been on a secret mission} and all was well.  Then I saw this in one little girl's homework journal on Friday:
"Miss Young is not here today.  Miss O'Neil is here.  I don't know why she is not here.
She might be sick and she might be getting us a present."
Bah ha!  I love it.  {Did you notice that I only have princesses in my class??}  And of course she was right.  I had sour gummy words ready for everyone who behaved for the sub.  It still makes me laugh to see a child's true perspective and thought process.  Gotta love kinders!!

Have a great week friends.
And maybe someone will bring you a present!  ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the homework journals! Do you have any guidelines the kids have to follow when writing in their homework journals??? =)

    Jessica
    Under the Alphabet Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of COURSE I do! :) They do vary per kid, though. I posted about them a few weeks ago. Check that out http://littlemissglamourgoestokindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/02/additional-support-for-homework.html and let me know if you want more info. I could always post the intro letter, directions page, rubric, etc if it's something people are interested in!! :)

    P.S. Thanks for being a reader. I appreciate you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute..thanks for posting this. =)
    Bobbie
    http://thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got her a present! lol Too cute!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, I totally know what you mean. The kids are so adorable when they say things like that! Giselle, one of the smartest students in my class, desperately wanted to talk to the reporters when they came to my room to interview me for completing the National Board. So when they asked her what makes Mrs. Dudley a good teacher, she said something like "Oh, she's so sweet and kind to everybody... and she buys us presents!" It's forever captured now on video that I'm the teacher who buys them presents. :)

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips