Tuesday, March 20, 2012

how many days 'til spring break?!

How has your week been ladies?  Because mine has been like this...
Just replace the word "cabin" with "spring" and we've got it.  Don't hear me wrong, I am luh-ving 70 and 80 degree recesses but the warm weather paired with spring break beginning soon is a recipe for madness.

I saw this cute cute idea on Pinterest and think I may use it next week as we gear up for a break.  The picture links you to Teacher Treasures but I couldn't find it hiding in there.  {If you find the pattern, help a sister out!}
I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to make and my kids will love writing with a colored pencil.  And if you don't have any of these construction paper crayons that practically glow on black paper, make a note to go speak with your art teacher ASAP!
Instead of a poem about spring they could write about what they want to do this spring/summer, where they wish they were going on spring break, how the warm weather makes them feel {ooh!  I know!  energized!!!} or they could list things they observe outside in the warm weather...since they're writing on sunglasses after all.

Ok, and just because I love you {and this idea} this is how I plan to dye Easter eggs next week.  I won't even complain about the stains on my fingers because it WON'T smell like vinegar in my room!!

2 comments:

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips