Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seuss story puppets.

When I pulled my Dr. Seuss bin down last week, I found these:
I don't even remember buying them!!!  It must've been last year when the Dr. Seuss stuff went on sale.  Cute, right?  But what was I thinking when I bought them?  Because I surely don't remember.  The stickers are broken up into 6 stories {The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs & Ham, One Fish Two Fish, Yertle the Turtle, Horton Hears a Who & The Sneetches} plus some additional ABC stickers.
There are plenty of each so the first plan is to make some puppets.  Perfect for retell!  I hot glued a popsicle stick to the back of each then covered the stick with some cute scrapbook paper to make it harder to pull off.
Voila!  You could also make them from flat stickers or graphics on card stock if you have those in your collection!  Or stick them down in a candy jar or box of tissue paper for a decoration!
Today's snack is for your picky eaters.  This spin on green eggs & ham comes from Mandee & Brandy.  If you have kids that freak out to try new foods, this version will put a smile on their faces!  {sugar up!!}

5 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! Do you remember where you found those last year? I need to stalk them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! And is that green sorbet? Because I do love green sorbet :)
    ❤Teri

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most likely...Hobby Lobby. Or some other craft store. Or Target?! {not helpful, I know!!} Just start stalking school/kid/craft aisles in the next week or so and it should be going on sale.

    Yes...green sherbet on whipped cream! So great!! :)

    Then again, after today's encounter with an ENTIRE sleeve of Girl Scout cookies, maybe I should steer clear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ideas! Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips