Monday, May 14, 2012

place value.

Because we all like having new things thrown at us in May :) I've been on the hunt for place value activities that didn't include the hundreds.  Our DPI has added a math unit for us to "work in" to the last few weeks of school.  {see me smiling?!}

I think the concept of base 10 is a little abstract for kindergarteners...but!...we're teaching K.NBT in the Common Core none the less.  I love this game from Positively Learning and that it only uses 10s and 1s to make a number.  The game is {free} so go pick up Place Value Blast and follow a new blog!  :)

And now that the month is half over I figure I'll link up with Farley & currently!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the freebie!
    I'm hosting my first linky party and would love you to join!

    Jessica Stanford
    Http://mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and I am now following!

    Come visit me at
    Totally Terrific Teaching Tools
    Lohren Nolan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips