Saturday, May 12, 2012

Good Reads {linky party}

Cute Mrs. Stanford is having a Good Reads linky party.
I have to admit, I don't do a lot of "educational" reading.  The only chance I get to read is right before I go to bed and I have to read something purely for fun.  Basically anything by Sophie Kinsella {who is also Madeleine Wickham} or Emily Giffin.  I've also read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult multiple times and will buy another copy when this one is falling apart.
As far as something to help me as a teacher I really got a lot out of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.  If you try to do it all and find yourself often stressed out {teaching, home life, pinterest, blog.  yes, I'm talking to you!} this is a great book on focusing on what's important and learning how to say no to other requests.
On my list of books I'm looking forward to reading is Why Are All the Good Teachers Crazy?  Has anyone read it yet?  Because it sounds right up my alley!
For a read aloud, could I really pick anything else??  Shoe La La by Karen Beaumont!  :)
What's on your summer reading list?  Head over to Jessica's blog for new titles.

6 comments:

  1. Ho, ho - love that title "Why are all the good teachers crazy?" I'm might have to read that, too! And I've never read the Mary's heart - Martha's world, but have wants to - ill need to find a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up!! I have to check out why are all the good teachers crazy! Totally sounds right up my alley and I've never heard of it before. Thanks again! Xoxoxox

    Jessica Stanford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveee Emily Giffin's books! And I need to check out the Mary/Martha book- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never forget the first time I read My Sister's Keeper. I was under the hair dryer at the salon and burst into tears :). Moving, magical, tragic . . . what a book. Have you read Picoult's other stories as well? I really loved 19 Minutes too.

    Kelley "Book Lover" Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG-the good teachers are usually crazy! At least they probably appear to be from an outsider view. Sounds like another one I need to add to my list.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog, it's so cute! I am your newest follower!
    :) Dana
    Stop by & enter my giveaway @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips