Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Here {dad} comes to save the day!

Our older kids are in the middle of EOG testing this week and it is hard hard hard to keep them in the room and quiet all day.  Can I get an Amen?!  {preach!}  I open up extra centers and find new fun projects that go along with our theme weeks to keep life fun & interesting but sometimes the noise level just gets so intense I'm afraid a proctor will come knocking at any moment to tell us to keep it down!

Did I mention I'm supposed to be doing my own end of year assessments right now, too???

So I did it.  A teacher's guilty bail out plan...we watched a movie.

But instead of just watching The Incredibles I went ahead and did a mini-unit on superheroes.  {after I finally got some running records done!!}  This unit by The Teacher Wife is fabulous.
I was also inspired by Mr. Incredible to make something for Father's Day.  I found this graphic and a similar activity at Craft Caravan and adapted it for my kinders.  Click for your free copy!

Our field trip to the strawberry patch was cancelled on Monday {puddles are one thing, but thunder & lightning and five year olds outside?  nooooooo thank you.} so I'm just hanging on til Thursday to try and make it out of the building.  They'll have so much pent up energy the strawberries may just blow off the plants in their wake!

And then there's only 15 more days!!  Hang in there.  We can make it!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Lovin the superdad. Have to use this one :)!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Super Dad activity!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I love the Super Dad Graphic you found.

    I don't see a holster for a remote, so I'd have to build one.

    thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips