Saturday, October 13, 2012

ABC recognition.

I saw this adorable idea on Pinterest for letter recognition.
{photo from tonsoffunpreschoolactivities.blogspot.com}
But when I went to find the printable, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.  She has letter path printables but I wanted multiple letters to show up on the same page so I created one!
{click to download}
I put letter cards {any kind will work} in my pumpkin bucket.  Students pulled one out then "dobbed" wherever they saw it on the paper.  When they switched to a new letter, they also switched to a new color for easier assessment on my part.  ;)


You can differentiate the activity by only putting a few letters in the bucket depending on what each student needs to work on.

If you don't have BINGO dobbers you can use highlighters, markers, whatever!

If you don't use this activity during the Halloween season, use a regular bowl or bucket.  Or use a black pot with the letters on gold for St. Patrick's day.  Or pull them from a stocking at Christmas.  Ooh!  Or a sand pail when it's almost summer!  A heart shaped box at Valentine's day!!  A bunny bag at Easter...

I like where this is going.  ;)

21 comments:

  1. Love when the same activity can be modified for other holidays! Tricky, tricky, tricky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful idea!!!!!!! Thanks for the abc sheet too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for sharing! I love this and I especially love using the $1 buckets from Wal-Mart!!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  4. So educational, so easy and so fun!! This idea ticks all of my boxes...thank you for sharing.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! This looks like an easy and fun activity! My preschoolers love those little dabbers! Definitely on my list for when we start working more with letter recognition in the coming weeks.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Sara
    Teaching Munchkins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I love activities like this and can't wait to put it to use!!
    ❤Mrs. McKown
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I will be adding it to my Word Work station tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids love this word work station!! They would do it everyday if they could :)

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this activity. You are such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! we did this activity today and it was a hit! I had students asking to "do it again" during free choice time! Thanks so much!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:59 PM

    Looks like a new Literacy Center activity...yesss! My Pre-K friends will really "run" to do this activity...maybe I won't hear...where the Literacy Center?
    Deebi27

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you created your own version to include all the letters (I created the one in the picture to include only the letters of my daughter's name) and I like the idea of pulling letters from a bucket!

    If you don't mind, I will link to your blog to help those looking for something more like this :)

    Jodie
    http://tonsoffunpreschoolactivities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These word station games are very good for growth of children mind.My daughter daily play with these and she is very sharp in Alphabets arrangement.
    Investing in Property

    ReplyDelete
  14. Puzzles are the exercise of mind.so keeping mind healthy of your children indulge them in mind games.
    Property Investment

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea. I am going to modify it for older students by having them search and find sight words. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be using this tomorrow in centers! Thanks for the doc also! Love when we share great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I'll be using this tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is perfect. We have STATE people observing this week. They want to see collaboration, small group, and independent all happening during their 15 minute visit. My kinder-bears are going to rock their minds when they explain this activity and the standard it meets. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! Virtually no prep! My kids are going to love this center!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8:28 AM

    This is great. I'm going to use a number grid and fill the pumpkin with numbers cards 1-120. They can pull out a number and find it on the number grid! Independent math center!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips