Wednesday, May 25, 2011

tattle tales.

I was on K is for Kindergarten the other day reading about Lisa's tattle jar.  I was cracking up reading her last comment {won't spoil it...you'll have to check her out!} and decided today that I needed to start one because my kids are out. of. their. minds. with the tattling.  And it's sending me over the edge.  I didn't have a jar so I improvised and made a tattle basket, literally walking to the printer paper, ripping a stack into fourths and saying "Here.  THIS is where your tattles go."

I read them this afternoon and {lesson learned} will never read them in front of the kids again.  Because there were legit tattles such as "_______ was throwing woodchips on the playground." or "______ is being a bully to me."

Then there were random ones like this that made me laugh out loud:
______ said shake your butt. 

And the star of today's show:
I did tattle on ______.
Hilarious!  If you know tattling is wrong but you're going to do it anyway, I guess the only real option is to tattle on yourself!  Enjoy it friends.  It's almost time to release the ridiculousness to the ears of their parents...  ;)

3 comments:

  1. I introduced my Head Start children to "Tattling Turtle." Many are pre-writers, so they have the option of "writing" their tattle to the turtle of telling him. The past few weeks have seen lots of tattles... the hard part is getting the children to recognize if they should tell the turtle or the teacher (if someone has been or could be hurt)! That's our class way of knowing when to tattle to the teacher or the turtle... they're catching on though and love the turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dropping by to say hello and congratulate you on being named one of the top 50 Kindergarten blogs! Woohoo! Congrats!

    http://www.californiateachingcredential.org/kindergarten-teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Don't you love those little moments of honesty? Thank you for sharing!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips