Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New year, new grade.

Little Miss Glamour is still going to Kindergarten...but I'm not stopping there!  I am going to teach a K-1 combo class this year with students from both grades in my classroom.  I'm going to teach both K & 1st grade curriculums.  I'll also be working with a group of ESL students like I did a few years ago.  And that's pretty much all that I know.  :)  There will be a lot of trial & error this year and probably some confusion but I'm also excited for some challenges and something new.

Most of all, I am hopeful that I will have a lot more to share with you.  It was hard to post last year due to a few, let's say...obstacles.

*I was trying to balance being mommy & teacher for the first time.
*I didn't want to mess up my manicure by typing.
*My feet grew during pregnancy & all of my free time was spent buying shoes.
*I didn't have much freedom to be creative in my lesson planning.
*My false eyelash glue was defective & the computer screen looked blurry.

Ok, so really only two of those are true.  But I'll let you work that out on your own.  ;)  Thanks for coming back, reading & learning with me.  Let's have some fun this year and come up with new and exciting things for our kids...what do you say?!

4 comments:

  1. HA! Love all your "obstacles"-- hope you have a great start to the year- sounds like it'll be a fun group of kiddos!
    Aylin :)
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile especially the part where you enumerated your obstacles! For sure, this year will be a great one for you and most especially for your students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've posted a nice article about New year, new grade. I like it and I hope this new your will be a good one for you and also for your students.
    handbags

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate you sharing this insightful article. online education

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips