Tuesday, June 04, 2013

EOY & currently.

It's June!  Yay!  Juuuune!!!  We had our kindergarten graduation today and now I really feel like the end is here.  But more about that in a minute.  It's Currently time with Farley!


{listening}
Pretty sure I'm always watching/listening to Friends while I blog in the afternoon.  God love ya, TBS!

{loving}
I am 6 months pregnant this week.  This whole pregnancy is flying by!!  The latest so fun thing is feeling baby girl move.  On the reg.  And she has moves like Jagger.  I love it.
{cookie dough on top of ice cream?!  ummm...yes!}
{thinking}
I have a linky party going live on Monday!!!  It's going to be super fun and a great way to wrap up the school year & get excited for fall decorating all at once.  Here's your hint: start pulling out old pictures of your first classroom then come back Monday & get ready to share!  :)

{wanting}
sigh.  Yes.  I admit that I miss my wine.  Especially on days like today when I came home exhausted but happy.  I want to sit in my hammock, soak up some sun, read my InStyle magazine & sip on some nice chilled pinot.  3 out of 4 isn't bad.  ;)

{needing}
Go-go Gadget arms, legs, etc.  I found out that I am moving classrooms again.  And while it will be a MUCH easier transition this year - moving from room to room without having to bring it all home first - it's also a little more difficult as I can't lift or maneuver as well as I'm used to.  So much for not going in on our non-required workdays.  It'll take me both days to move!




{vacay essentials}
I'm not so sure we'll actually be taking a vacation this year since we're trimming up the budget for baby girl, but I can pretend the pool days in my near future are vacation days just as well as I can pretend that my ice water is a mojito!  I obviously need my iPad for surfing, pinning & reading {with my Kindle app}.  On that note, Revenge Wears Prada came out today and I can not wait to start reading it!!!  Also Banana Boat tanning oil spray.  Mmmm.  Smells like summer.  :)  And super bright nails are a must for summer.  I went ahead and wore my Flip Flop Fantasy {by China Glaze} for the last week of school.  I guarantee you, it is much more neon than it appears.  Which is a super fab way to make yourself look tan...another vacay essential!

For my end of the year student gifts, I got these cute buckets & shovels for my students in the Target dollar bins.

A little tissue paper fancies them up and the Summer Homework Calendar from Fun in First makes them practical.  Plus some Smarties, a special pencil & a few water balloons for more fun.

I'm also sending home a packet of memories that we've been working on all week from our EOY printables pack.

And their certificates of course!!  The front has their pictures & a few of their favorite things.  {I usually put their 1st day of kindergarten photos on, too, but pregnancy brain made me forget & I accidentally laminated them before I glued them on.}

The inside has their certificate and Robert Fulghum's Everything I need to know, I learned in Kindergarten poem.

Then the back has a letter that I always send home.  It wasn't originally written by me but I can't word it any better!

My external harddrive got dropped at school {noooo!} and I can't get anything off of it right now.  But I'm hopeful some technological genius will be able to fix it for me and when it's revived, I'll post the poem & letter for download if you want it.

I have 3 more days until I say good-bye to my almost 1st graders!  Hang in there if you're still teaching with me.  And remember to come back on Monday for some linky fun & classroom inspiration!!  ;)

11 comments:

  1. Hi there! I linked up to Farley's Currently right after you! Congratulations on your pregnancy and it's so cute that your baby girl already has some moves like Jagger. :) Love your nail polish in that picture too. More importantly, I am SUPER jealous of those Really Good Stuff Neon Color Book Bins in your pic. I have been eyeing those for the last 2 years...I may have to break down and get them this summer :) Have a great summer break!

    Jamie at 2nd Grade Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, Bit the bullet and get them. I LOVE mine. I have a lot of things from Really Good Stuff - mostly containers & organizers. One year I bought the baskets...then my pocket chart organizers {obsessed}...and didn't get the book buckets until this year. My kids weren't the most gentle with them but I didn't have any breaks or cracks. And they're so bright!!! :) Sign up for their email list & watch for a sale. ;)

      Delete
  2. I always watch Friends while I blog! Where did you get that cookie dough on top of ice cream?! It looks delish!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was visiting my sister in Chicago!! Seriously, how has that not caught on other places?!

      Delete
  3. I'm lovin' neon nails... and clothes! :) I'll have to check out that color!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristin! I'm loving how your neon nails match those neon bins! You are QUITE glamorous :) Reading about your baby girl and her moves made me smile. How CUTE! I can't wait for your linky party on Monday!
    xoxo
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE the nail polish!!! Your blog and that baby bump are just adorable! Now off to your TPT store to browse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been watching Friends every night too...usually on nick at nite! Thank goodness for reruns!

    --Caitlin
    thekindergarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You and your blog are Fantabulous! So glad I found it! I will possibly be changing classrooms next year! It will def be an adventure! I'm excited to go check out your TPT store!

    Karmen
    Karmens Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you if you do end up moving. I'm in the midst of it now and know it can be a pain. Hopefully my linky party Monday will get you some ideas... ;)

      Delete
  8. Alright, I know I've never had neon orange fingernails before, but thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. Sorry to hear about your hard drive. I've actually got three of them just for instances like that. Good luck with getting it fixed

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips