Wednesday, June 29, 2011

iHelp?

Hello ladies!! I know, it has been a while since you've heard from me. I have was in NYC for a bachelorette party and have since been...recouping from being in NYC for a bachelorette party. ;)

I have been creating, though. This was Princess Prep week at summer camp so some fun ideas are coming your way soon. Until then, look what arrived while I was gone:

my iPad!!!

I'm actually semi-blogging from it right now! Semi-blogging because...I need help. I don't know how to import photos in this version, create, teach or share with this thing.  And while I am getting awesome at Angry Birds, I'd like to actually utilize this in my classroom.

What apps should I download? How do I create printables? And what else do I need to know?

Hope you're all enjoying your summer!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! My school district gave us iPads and I LOVE THEM! I mainly use mine for classroom use, and of course, for blog stalking at home! I find that it is A LOT of info and graphics to look at on an iPad, so I am still using my laptop to create printables and post blog entries! :)

    I let my kiddos use the iPad with a partner during The Daily Five (reading groups) and Math Menu (math groups). I got the headphoes with the buds so they can each put a bud in their ear. They work so well on it! :)

    Here are some of my favorite apps:
    School ~
    Alphabet and Phonics:
    Word Magic
    Spell Blocks
    Sight Words (frog)
    ABC's (i Know Phonics)
    Look and Spell
    Vowels I and II

    Handwriting:
    Alphabet Tracing
    iWW Lite
    Word Wall HD

    Math:
    Dot to Dot Number Whiz (dot to dot numbers)
    Math Magic (addition and subtraction)
    Find Sums (addition)
    Number Frog (number line addition and subtraction)
    Pop Math (addition and subtraction)
    Mia's Playground (shapes)
    Dotty Shapes (shapes)
    Match it Up 3 (shapes)
    Shapes!
    Cookie Doodle (measurement)
    Measurement (giraffe)
    Telling Time
    Everyday Math Monster Squeeze (number line)

    Fun/Indoor recess:
    Balloons
    Drawing Pad
    Doodle Buddy

    Home:
    iFood (Kraft recipes - easy and fun!)
    Yahtzee
    TV Guide
    My Fitness Pal (track calories/excercise)

    Whew! LONGEST comment ever! :)
    Hope this helps!

    http://castlesandcrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've posted about some apps on my blog...look under technology, but the greatest little tip I just learned about is keynote remote. You download the app, sync your computer and ipad and control a keynote presentation on you Mac. It shows you the current slide and the next one on your ipad. I am going to share children's writing that I have scanned in and many keynotes that I have made while walking around my classroom!!
    Jonelle
    A Place Called Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin! I'm a new follower and luuuuuuuuv your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    @Kelli-thanks for that FANTASTIC app list. I've been searching around myself and will add to your list.

    Have a great summer ladies!

    http://mssolanoskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips