Monday, July 01, 2013

July Currently & a winner!

Happy July friends!!  In case you're wondering why your screen or Google blog page looks different today, remember that Google Reader is going away today.  But you can still follow along...just transfer over & follow me on Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

It's also July 1st so it's currently time with Farley!

Listening: I love this album.  It's so jazzy & big band.  I love it.

Loving: I have really done a great job of restraining myself from buying every little outfit I've seen but I have broken down a few times when I see a good deal on Zulily...my latest obsession, I know.  How cute will little Glamour Girl be in this outfit next July 4th?!  Stop it.  So cute!!

Thinking: Hubs & I usually end up at the beach in the summer but at 30 weeks pregnant I can't really lay out all day in the sun & drink fun beachy drinks.  :)  We want to go somewhere we can drive to, where we haven't been, with fun things to do, but not spend a lot of money.  Maybe that's why we're still trying to find a place that meets those criteria!

Wanting: I am 30 years old and I am a hair virgin.  No color, no highlights, no sun-in.  Not even kool-aid or lemon juice has touched these locks.  But I broke down today & got a color rinse put on because my gray comes in all in one place and my skunk stripe is getting OUT of control.  I was super anxious & almost cancelled but my friend did such a fabulous job and I am so so happy.  I didn't tell Hubs that I was going to see her because I want his honest reaction.  And it's so natural looking I'm wondering if he'll even notice!!  :)  I'm so relieved!!!
{must-have bathroom mirror before & after pic}
Needing:  I'm working on a new vocabulary tool to help teaching writing.  But I need more clipart...and theme ideas!  I've done farm & ocean so far.  What else would you like to see?  And if you have a favorite clipart seller {or you make your own!} consider this your opportunity to shamelessly promote the link in the comments.  :)

Blogging & Selling Tip: Don't compare yourself to others.  It's as simple as that.  It is so easy for me to look at other blogs, see how many followers they have, read about how much they're making on TeachersPayTeachers, etc and put pressure on myself to do the same.  But I didn't start this blog to compete with others.  I started it to push myself to be a better, more creative educator and to share what I make with others, hopefully to give other teachers a break & save them some lesson planning time.  When I write & create for myself, I get better feedback & have more fun with blogging.  When I try to force a post or product, it never goes over well.  So if you have a blog or store, my tip is just to remember why you started and don't let the success of others make you feel inadequate {or super jealous, which can also be hard!}, just be happy for them & post when and what you want!  At the end of the day, it's really just me & my keyboard, so it doesn't need to become one more thing I feel pressured to do.

The winner from my quick giveaway is Ashlynn!  You get any item of your choosing from my TeachersPayTeachers store so have a look and let me know what you choose!  :)  Follow me on Bloglovin & Facebook so you don't miss the next opportunity.

Have a safe & happy holiday & check out my post from last summer if you're looking for fun July 4th ideas for you or your kiddos!

8 comments:

  1. Justin Timberlake and not taking yourself seriously! Cute post! Great Advice!

    Love it all!

    24/7 Teacher Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the upcoming baby! That is so exciting.

    You have a great blog tip. It is probably true of all of us. We all have started blogging to share our ideas and collaborate with other teachers out there, but somewhere along the line we start to forget that. We look at those people that are making tons of money and who wouldn't want that? Lol Sometimes I have to just remind myself that I have other things in my life that are also important to me (my husband, my children, etc) and I choose to spend the majority of my time with them. Everything else is just an extra hobby in my life!

    Jessica
    Hanging Out in First!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Fourth of July outfit is too cute!!! Zulily and Gilt have the cutest outfits for babes. Your hair turned out really good. I hope your husband notices. My silly boy notices about a week after my appointments. Great tip for bloggers and sellers! Good luck finding a place to vacation.
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving that little outfit!!!
    -Abby
    Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! Baby girl will be here in no time at all! The patriotic outfit is precious. I had a baby boy 10 weeks ago, and I'm obsessed with outfits for him. {Thinking it would be so much harder with a girl, hehe} Enjoy your summer vacation. Your hair looks AWESOME by the way! :)

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking about you and wondering when you were due. I'm excited for you! Not a stalker, just a loyal follower. :) LIttle girl outfits are so cute. I have two boys and, as much as I love boys, the outfits just aren't as cute. You are going to have so much fun with those clothes!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfits! There are so many more choices for little girls than little boys. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, little one will be here before you know it! Good luck!

    ~Steph

    Be A Nut With Mrs McNutt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your baby! That's so exciting AND that outfit is adorable!!!! Your advice is great and definitely true!

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway!
    -Courtney
    http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! {like virtual hugs}

Blogging tips